Mandate

Vinge advises Karlskrona municipality

July 06, 2010

Vinge is advising Karlskrona municipality in connection with the sale of 51% of the shares in Karlskrona Stuveri AB to Stena Line Ports AB. The municipality will retain the other 49% of the company’s shares. Karlskrona Stuveri AB runs the Verkö ferry terminal in Karlskrona. In connection with the sale it was also decided to change the jointly owned company’s name to Karlskrona Baltic Port AB and the harbour will referred to in the future as Karlskrona Baltic Port.

Vinge’s team advising Karlskrona municipality consists of partner Peter Abrahamsson with, among others, associate Filip Funck.

Vinge presents the Swedish chapter for the 2022 version of The Legal 500: Private Equity Country Comparative Guide

The guide provides an overview of the Swedish Private Equity market and the salient legislation in connection with PE transactions in Sweden.
January 11, 2022

The prohibition imposed by EU law on complying with secondary sanctions laid down by the United States against Iran may be relied on in civil proceedings

On Tuesday 21 December, the EU Court of Justice delivered its long-awaited judgment in the Bank Melli Iran case (Case C-124/20) on the interpretation of the EU Blocking Statute regarding compliance with third country sanctions. According to the Court, the prohibition imposed by EU law on complying with secondary sanctions laid down by the United States against Iran may be relied on in civil proceedings. Following the Court’s judgment, anyone seeking to terminate a contract with a person or business subject to US sanctions must thoroughly consider if the termination is motivated by other reasons than the existing sanctions and reflect on whether to apply to the Commission for a derogation from the Blocking Statute.
December 23, 2021

The EU Commission proposes a new tool to counter the use of economic coercion by third countries

The European Commission has proposed a new regulation that will provide it with tools to counteract economic coercion from third countries with measures such as tariffs and imports restrictions.
December 13, 2021