Mandate

Vinge advises STMicroelectronics on its acquisition of a majority stake in Norstel AB

February 07, 2019

Vinge has advised the French-Italian electronics and semiconductor manufacturer STMicroelectronics in connection with STMicroelectronics entering into an agreement to acquire a majority stake in the Swedish silicon carbide wafer manufacturer Norstel AB.

Upon completion of the transaction (which is subject to conditions), STMicroelectronics will acquire 55% of Norstel AB, with an option to acquire the remaining 45% subject to certain conditions. If such option is exercised, it will result in a total consideration of USD 137,500,000 for 100% of Norstel AB.

Vinge’s team consisted of, among others, Christina Kokko, Ulrich Ziche, Linda Sengul and Desirée Sjöblom (Corporate and M&A), Gu Qun, Gabriella Fossum, Jasmin Draszka-Ali and Hayaat Ibrahim (Regulatory and Compliance), Klara Secher (IP), Sophia Holm and Lova Unge (Employment), Nicklas Thorgerzon (IT), Axel Jansson and Anna Åhlberg (Banking and Financing), Anne Wijkman (Real Estate/Lease Agreements), Trine Osen Bergkvist (Competition), Fredrika Hjelmberg (Commercial Agreements), Hampus Olsson (Environment) and Jessica Öijer (VDR assistant).
 

New statute prohibits unfair terms and conditions and practices in conjunction with the purchase of agricultural and food products

The so-called UTP Act prohibits buyers from using certain terms and conditions and practices against suppliers of agricultural and food products. The Swedish Competition Authority exercises supervision and can, among other things, carry out unannounced inspections and order individual to attend formal interviews. In conjunction with violations, sanctions such as injunctions subject to a default fine or a sanction fee of up to one per cent of the buyer’s annual turnover can be imposed. The UTP Act will enter into force on 1 November 2021 and will also be applicable to contracts which are entered into prior to this date.
October 05, 2021

Vinge employs additional antitrust economists to further strengthen its practice

We welcome Adam Löfquist and Carl Widstrand to our EU, Competition & Regulatory practice group.
September 30, 2021

European Commission provides sanctions compliance guidance

The European Commission has recently issued three opinions regarding the interpretation of asset freeze provisions in certain sanctions legislation pertaining to Central African Republic, Ukraine, Libya and Syria. The opinions are also of relevance for other sanctions regimes which provide for the same or similar restrictions. Therefore, their practical relevance goes far beyond the sanctions regimes in the context of which they were issued and they therefore provide for helpful guidance regarding the required thresholds for sanctions compliance generally.
September 20, 2021