Mandate

VINGE ADVISES SBAB IN CONNECTION WITH ACQUISITION OF BOOLI

December 11, 2015

Vinge has advised SBAB in connection with the acquisition of the entire issued share capital in Booli Search Technologies AB (“Booli”). Completion in respect of 67% of the shares will take place in January 2016 and it is intended that the remaining 33% will be acquired subsequently. Booli develops products and services directed to the housing market. The services include, among other things, booli.se, one of Sweden’s largest search sites for residential properties with more than 270 000 unique visitors per week, and Hittamäklare.se, an estate agents comparison site for private individuals wishing to sell their residence. Booli will be a subsidiary of SBAB and will continue as an independent enterprise under the trademark Booli.

Vinge’s team consisted of partner Daniel Rosvall together with, among others, associates Maria Dahlin, Manne Bergström, Karin Virding, Tomas Forsgren, Karin Isacson and Niklas Thorgerzon as well as project assistants Anna Hellof and Caroline Skymberg.

New statute prohibits unfair terms and conditions and practices in conjunction with the purchase of agricultural and food products

The so-called UTP Act prohibits buyers from using certain terms and conditions and practices against suppliers of agricultural and food products. The Swedish Competition Authority exercises supervision and can, among other things, carry out unannounced inspections and order individual to attend formal interviews. In conjunction with violations, sanctions such as injunctions subject to a default fine or a sanction fee of up to one per cent of the buyer’s annual turnover can be imposed. The UTP Act will enter into force on 1 November 2021 and will also be applicable to contracts which are entered into prior to this date.
October 05, 2021

Vinge employs additional antitrust economists to further strengthen its practice

We welcome Adam Löfquist and Carl Widstrand to our EU, Competition & Regulatory practice group.
September 30, 2021

European Commission provides sanctions compliance guidance

The European Commission has recently issued three opinions regarding the interpretation of asset freeze provisions in certain sanctions legislation pertaining to Central African Republic, Ukraine, Libya and Syria. The opinions are also of relevance for other sanctions regimes which provide for the same or similar restrictions. Therefore, their practical relevance goes far beyond the sanctions regimes in the context of which they were issued and they therefore provide for helpful guidance regarding the required thresholds for sanctions compliance generally.
September 20, 2021